child’s musculoskeletal problems are different from those of an adult. Because children are still growing, their body’s response to injuries, infections, and deformities may be quite different than what it would be seen in a full-grown person. Sometimes, what is thought to be a problem is just a variation of growth that will resolve with time. Many of the problems children have with their bones and joints do not even occur in adults. And, for the same problem that an adult might have, the evaluation and treatment is usually quite different for a child. Children with complex paediatric problems such as cerebral palsy and spina bifida are best managed by a combined medical-surgical team approach.
A Paediatric Orthopaedist is a highly trained and experienced Orthopaedic Surgeon who specialises in diagnosing and treating bone & joint problems in children who are still growing. A Paediatric Orthopaedist has chosen to make paediatric care the core of his medical practice. A Paediatric Orthopaedist has typically graduated from an approved medical school (five years), completed an approved Orthopaedic residency programme (three years) and then super-specialised in an accredited Paediatric Orthopaedic Unit .
AIOR Division of Pediatric Orthopaedics at the AIOR Hospital Center offers a compassionate and caring environment, and a broad range of the most advanced surgical and clinical services and support, for children and their families.
Our faculty and staff understand the special needs of children with orthopaedic disorders and provide expertise in diagnosing and treating a wide variety of conditions.
- Dedicated child-friendly Outpatient unit and a 100 bedded exclusive paediatric ward
- Cerebral Palsy Clinic which offers various treatment modalities such as Neuro-developmental therapy, Botulinum (Botox) injections, multi-level soft tissue and bony surgery and comprehensive post-op rehabilitation.
- Multi-discipinary Spina Bifida Clinic, where children with spina bifida get comprehensive care from various specialists such as a paediatric orthopaedist, a pediatric surgeon, urologist, neurosurgeon, rehabilitation specialist etc. in one hospital visit
- Clubfoot Clinic to provide clubfoot casting by the Ponseti technique and management of complex relapsed clubfoot by soft tissue releases, tendon transfers or external fixators as appropriate
- Neonatal Hip Screening Clinic by clinical examination and Dynamic Ultrasound for high-risk babies and further management by harness, plaster spica or surgery
- Child & Adolescent Hip Clinic for the management of conditions such as Developmental dysplasia of the hip (congenital hip dislocation), Perthes disease, Slipped capital femoral epiphysis etc. All complex pelvic osteotomies such as Triple innominate osteotomy, Peri-acetabular osteotomy will be performed here.
- Limb Reconstruction & Deformity Correction Clinic using Ilizarov / Orthofix fixators and ‘8’ plate epiphysiodesis for correction of angular deformities.
- Comprehensive Rehabilitation Facilities for children with physical and developmental disabilities
- Bracces and Aid – We offer all the latest moulded orthosis and aids for rehabilitation of paralytic and disabled children