AIOR Institute of Arthroplasty Expertise :
Arthroplasty is a surgical procedure to restore the function of a joint. A joint can be restored by resurfacing the bones. An artificial joint (called a prosthesis) may also be used.
Various types of arthritis may affect the joints. Osteoarthritis, or degenerative joint disease, is a loss of the cartilage or cushion in a joint, and is the most common reason for arthroplasty.
Carrying the light forward, his son and the Chairman of the Institute Dr. Parag K. Sancheti, continues to provide specialised services at this institute, since the last three decades, in the department of Arthroplasty. He has been attending various arthroplasty conferences as a faculty all around the world to keep his knowledge updated, interact with colleagues and to deliver the best and latest – safe procedures and services to his patients.
Why might I need arthroplasty?
- Anti-inflammatory medicines
- Pain medicines
- Limiting painful activities
- Assistive devices for walking (such as a cane)
- Physical therapy
- Cortisone injections into a knee joint
- Viscosupplementation injections (to add lubrication into the joint to make joint movement less painful)
- Weight loss (for obese people)
- Exercise and conditioning