Orthopaedic & Oncology
The Division of Orthopaedic Oncology offers expert care to children and adults diagnosed with tumors and tumor-like conditions of the bone and soft tissue, including bone metastases, sarcomas, benign and cancerous tumors of the bone or soft tissue and pathologic fractures.
- AIOR Hospitals offers key & best orthopedic surgeries and procedures in India. We perform bone and joint replacement surgeries which include the most current Arthroscopic and Reconstructive techniques. Joint replacements including hip resurfacing and knee replacement surgery [primary, complex primary & revision replacements] are being done in large numbers with excellent outcomes.
- Shoulder surgeries and the most delicate hand micro surgeries are all performed with great precision and expertise.
- AIOR is also a pioneer in Articular cartilage Implantation (ACI). Cartilage regeneration surgery, including micro-fracturing, mosaic-plasty are all performed. The Apollo Cartilage School is leveraging developments in Orthobiologicals and growth factors to herald a new age of regenerative medicine.
Department of Musculoskeletal Oncology
Orthopedic oncology (also called Musculoskeletal Oncology) involves the diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant bone tumors as well as other abnormal lesions of the musculoskeletal system. Bone cancer and soft tissue sarcomas are rare and require a truly multidisciplinary approach to diagnosis and treatment. Our goal is to provide every patient with the best chance for survival, the greatest functional outcomes and the highest quality of life.
Our Orthopedic Oncology team works together to understand each patient’s unique diagnosis and to develop an effective treatment plan. Every case is discussed at a weekly multidisciplinary tumor conference. Our Medical oncology and radiation Oncology department works in partnership with the the Musculoskeletal Oncology Team. Together they give our bone cancer and soft tissue sarcoma patient access to the most advanced treatment available in the planet.
What We Offer :
- Limb salvage surgery using Megaprosthesis- Osteosarcoma,Ewing Sarcoma ,Chondrosarcoma
- Precision Tumour Removal(Using modern imaging ensuring complete tumour removal)
- Curettage for Benign tumours- Giant cell tumours, Chondroblaoma
- Bone and soft tissue Biopsy( Open / CT guided/ Ultrasound guided)
- Metastatic Bone Diseases Treatment
- Spinal Tumours – Decompression, stabilization, vertebroplasty , balloon Kyphoplasty
- Tumour Boards